Saving for Cuba is the ramblings of Australian freelance travel writer and Monsoon Blooms organic underwear co-founder, Samantha Chalker. Her full portfolio can be viewed at samanthachalker.com
Top Shelf Magazine:
Lost at E Minor:
- Berlin Light Festival: trip the light fantastic.
- PachaMama: a commune in Costa Rica.
- Songshan Cultural and Creative Park, Taiwan.
- Taiwan’s Jiufen: over hyped lamps, under hyped view.
- Strike Anywhere: a photography exhibition in NYC.
- SeatID: avoid the screaming baby on your next flight.
- Englischer Garten: nudists, bongos and an artificial wave.
- The Festival of Near Death Experiences, Spain.
- Photography of South East Asia by Ehrin Macksey.
- Life in a Day: montage of footage from across the world.
- Jape gives Dappled Cities the electronica once over.
- Pedestrian TV Photography Competition: Cast Your Votes.
- Reuben Hills: Hip hop for breakfast.
- Shore Thing: Line-up announced.
- Corner Tree Café in Manila: Vego paradise.
- Peats Ridge Festival: All about the vibe.
- Burning Man: The festival is germinating.
- Dappled Cities ‘Born At The Right Time’: Jape remix.
- Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon gets ink designed by a fan.
- The Lumineers play David Letterman.
- Photographer Ehrin Macksey.
- Holly Ryan Jewellery: Life’s better when you’re wearing pineapples.
- The Grounds of Alexandria.
- Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands with Céline Cousteau.
- Father John Misty: Australian Tour.
- The Cat Empire’s new album: Steal the Light.
- The Cat Empire is coming to Oz.
- The Walkmen take-away show for La Blogotheque.
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds are touring Australia.
- Friends International: get inspired.
- Jeannine Tan heads to NZ with Contiki.
- Red Bull Flying Bach is sold out.
Your portfolio of work is pretty pretty awesome! You have come across some sweet places on your travels.
I work for a startup from Australia called JamJar. We have developed an app that gives travellers access to authentic, local advice and experiences. Instead of merely adding just any venue on our app we handpick the most knowledgeable and passionate people for their insights into the best places around
We recently arrived in Indonesia and are looking to launch our app throughout Asia.
We are reaching out to passionate people like yourself who understand and appreciate the true culture of the country and would be interested in sharing some of your favourite places you have discovered along the way.
I trust you are super busy but If this sounds like something that could interest you I would love to explain the concept further.
I look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, happy adventures!